Yeah, so all that power knitting before Christmas, combined with the repetitive stress of cashiering, have given me a stress injury that I'm pretty sure is trigger thumb. It really kicked in about a week before Christmas, and I only kept going a few days until the Christmas knitting was done. (And I finished it, with a couple of days to spare.) Then, I told T, "I'm just going to rest it until January 1. That should be enough time."But no. It's January 3. And my hand still hurts. A lot. I mean a really lot. I'm mainlining Advil and Ibuprofen (I don't know if you are supposed to take those at the same time or not, but I am. If you are a medical professional and that's a bad thing to do, let me know.) and splinting my hand any time I'm not at work. I don't splint it at work because I wouldn't be able to work with the splint on.
And I have stuff to do, people. Stuff I need my hands for. We're moving, remember? So I've got to pack. And schlep boxes. I can't just sit around with a splint on my hand, waiting for my thumb to get better like some kind of... T Rex or something.
Anyway. I will give it another week. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment