If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

5 days later....

So it took me 5 days to post again. That's pretty good, isn't it?

Anyway, I've not done a lot of knitting these days because a)most of my time has been spent working on filming and writing and b)I did something to my fracking shoulder. I don't know what, but it hurts to move at all. No kidding. Like, I drove the car yesterday and it hurt. (What's up with that?)

But, since I've taken down the Christmas tree, but all that junk is still sitting in my living room waiting for someone with an UNINJURED shoulder to take it out into the garage... And since I have these ornaments right here, I might as well show you some of the Christmas ornaments I knitted.

Star/Snowflake (like you couldn't figure that out)









This is basically lace edging wrapped around an egg shaped ornament. I got the idea from the "Antique Satin and Lace Ornament" at www.HeartStringsFiberArts.com. But I like it better gold on gold.

These are variations on a theme. I basically knitted a tube, then threaded ribbon through top (or top and bottom) and tied a bow. There is: Garter Stitch, Mexican Lace inserted into garter stitch, Drop Stitch, and Cat's Eye. Oh, and I threaded beads onto the Cat's Eye before I started and then just slipped them every other stitch or so on the first and last rows.

I like to put a couple of "new" ornaments on the tree each year. I think next year I might do some mini-sweaters or something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

That was a very pretty star! But I wonder, how do you make it "stand" like that? I am making hearts that doesn't show of the shape of a heart..

Thank's for showing me your stars!

HildeGV

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter