If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gifty

Here is one of the mittens I made to match M's Christmas set. Very difficult to take a picture of one hand, btw. This is, of course, the same mitten you saw me furiously trying to seam up on Christmas Eve. I actually knitted it in October, but left the finishing to last minute, just like always.
This one is Kate Gilbert’s Gifted. It’s probably the simplest mitten pattern I’ve ever seen. And yet, the mittens look and feel great! Plus, you don’t have to cut the yarn at the thumb. One less end to weave in. And it's a free pattern. Bonus!

Love mittens. Did I ever tell you that mittens were the second thing I ever learned to knit back mumble mumble years ago? Yeah, apparently, if you don’t know it’s supposed to be hard to make a thumb, you can do it pretty easily. So, my first project was a garter stitch scarf (which T still has, and to my mortification, still wears) and when I was done I asked my roommate (an expert knitter) how to make mittens and she showed me a method very similar to this pattern.

Need to make myself some mittens. December is frickin cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter