If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Yarn Puke

I wanted to use this yarn. It's so pretty. But riddle me this, Batman... Why can't a center pull skein be a center pull skein? Why must it be an outer skein filled with yarn puke?

You know what I'm talking about. You can't find the center thread (because how much trouble could it possibly be for the manufacturer to leave two more inches out on a skein so you could at least find the damn strand? Don't we have the technology to do that? Come on!) and you end up making your best guess. Usually, I can grab the yarn within about a yard or two of the end of the strand. Once you pull that out, you just have to wind it around the skein until you're ready to use it. On occasion, I've missed the end of the strand by several yards. Still no biggie.

This time, I pulled it out with a couple of yards of yarn and it all looked good. But, as I knit, it got a little less easy to pull from the center. Finally, I gave it a tug and...

out popped this big gack of yarn puke. And it's a hot mess. It all has to be unknotted before I can use it. You know what that makes me want to do?

Not use this yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter