If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Yeah, so...

I learned to knit during my freshman year in college. I was trying to quit smoking, actually, because I'd been dating T for a while and he didn't smoke.

My mom was really supportive. She knew (because my Dad was a smoker) that the habit was much more than the nicotine addiction. So she wanted to make sure I had something to do with my hands. My mom learned to knit so she could teach me how, so I would have something to do with my hands instead of smoke. How's that for supportive? And she went out and bought us both sets of needles, like 10 pairs, and a crapload of yarn in every color you could think of.

Anyway, the point of this story is, since I can't sit still while I watch TV, I just started knitting while I watch TV or talk on the phone or have to do something where I'm just sitting around. It keeps my hands out of trouble. (Pretty smart, Mom.)

But now, my frackin' shoulder hurts. And I am just sitting. And it is making me really grouchy. I'm giving this shoulder like one more day to rest, and then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter