If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Knitting: First Blood!

The first of the Christmas knitting has been given! Here is the scarf I knitted for Jill's Christmas present. It was actually the first Christmas gift completed this year, so it's serendipitous that it is the first given.


This is the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf in Patons SWS Natural Navy. SWS is such a nice yarn for a pattern like this, because of the long color changes. And it's very soft. I've heard some people say they have a problem with it breaking, since it's not really tightly plied. But, as you know, I'm a pretty loose knitter so I'm not keeping those strands wire-taut. I never have problems with SWS.

I used two skeins of this, so about 220 yards, which made the scarf about five feet long. The pattern was easy enough to do during our weekly D&D game, but complex enough to keep me interested when I was just knitting. And it really looks good. I have some more SWS in other colorways. I might have to make one for myself.Once I finish with all this Christmas knitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger CarmiƱa said...

Hello,
Love your multidirectional scarf.
Thanks for the link to the pattern.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Thanks! It's a great pattern--great for gifts, too!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter