If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Not Humbuggin'. Just Busy

I have no Christmas decorations up and I'll tell you why: Because I'm not done with Thanksgiving yet. I've not even started Thanksgiving.

Let's do one holiday at a time, ok?

My neighbors--most of whom are older--all have their holiday lights and decorations out. These are the same people, btw, who cut their grass in that criss-cross pattern five days a week in the summer. That is, I'm pretty sure, more often than most golf courses. They're all looking at my darkened house and comparing it to their own lights, Santas, creches, deer, and snowmen.

"Why aren't your Christmas lights up yet, Patwoman?"

Uh, same reason I don't get up at 4 am to go to the grocery store. I'm not retired bored and looking for something to do.


Just wait. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, I will put out so many holiday decorations, they will be begging me to throttle back.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter