If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Pattern Creation

I've been working on a pattern for a couple of days now. And when I say working on a pattern, I mean thinking about it and getting very frustrated.

I don't know why the pattern creation is frustrating. I feel confident of the design. And it's not really that difficult. And I've knit similar things before.

I think it's just the math.

Is that sad, or what? It's basic math, too. But I find myself working it out aloud: "So, if there are 120 stitches total, then the middle is between stitch #60 and #61, right? And then, divide that by 5 stitches... Oh, wait a minute..."

When I was in high school, I told Mr. Leach that I would never use math in my real life.

I can hear him laughing at me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter