If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Common Rocket Pop

You remember that yarn I dyed a while back, right? I used red and blue and there were bits of white left where the dye didn't hit it. I thought, at the time, that it looked floral. I had every intention of knitting something kind of flowery with this yarn.

Now, I've been seeing a lot of really cool looking shawls and shawlettes lately. (Not to mention the lovely Helliades, created by my friend Katie. I am knitting that fine beast for me. Not giving it away.) Of course, this yarn is a little on the bulky side, so I did a search for a shawl that used bulky yarn.

I was still in the floral state of mind at that point, so I was looking for a lacey pattern. I love lace in bulky yarn, by the way. (But you already knew that, didn't you?) And I found this one, Common Bean, by Caitlin ffrench.

Caitlin says she hand-dyed her yarn using dye made from beans, hence the name of the pattern. I thought this was especially fitting, since I'd hand-dyed my own yarn too. Of course, mine doesn't have that delicate blue her bean yarn has. Mind looks like I dyed it with Rocket Pops.

I think I like it even more now.

Here it is, in progress. As you can see, I'm working from a chart. I prefer to work lace from a chart.

As far as lace goes, this is pretty easy. Although, it had been so long since I'd done anything like this that I did mess up the third or fifth row about six times. But, then the light bulb came on in my head and it's been smooth sailing since then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter