If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, May 20, 2013

FO: Angel

So here it is, the finished Advent Ornament: Angel. As you can see, the fiberfill stuffing rounded that head out just fine, so it no longer looks like something else.

Of course the hair, the wings, and the halo help that, too.

Quick knit, like all the others. I have just been so super busy with work lately that it takes me several days to complete a small thing like this.

I used scrap yarn with this, a pale blue and the silver Grace I've used for a couple of other small things recently. A couple of mods--I used worsted weight, as I have for all of the other ornaments, since that's what I have the most of. And I just used yarn for the eyes, because the seed beads I had just gave her a googly-eyed expression. And nobody wants a googly-eyed angel. I used the silver for the headband/halo and the wings, instead of the blue. I just like it better that way.

This is number 21 for me. And then I have to get busy on my larger projects. For real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter