If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Patwoman Has Bowls

Well, just the one bowl, really.

I've been looking for a nice wooden bowl at GW that I can use for a yarn bowl. Those things were everywhere in the 70's. It shouldn't be too hard to find, right? But, I had yet to find one when I injured my knee almost two months ago. And since then, I've not been Goodwill Hunting. Sad face.

Never fear, though. R and Bre go frequently. They are big DIY-ers. I asked them to keep a lookout for a good, solid, wooden salad bowl of a decent size that I can use as a yarn bowl. And, they have come through for me.

I was going to Dremel a slit in the side of the bowl for the yarn, maybe in a curlicue or something. But I kind of like the way it looks now with the yarn in it. I think the sides are high enough the yarn will stay in when I knit, anyway.

I guess I will have to knit with it a while and then let you know. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter