If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Yay! I can move again!

Finally!!!!!

But I am somehow disillusioned with the sweater I had started for T just after the first of the year.

I had shown him the Chaos Sweater from Knitty , which is, of course, a toddler sweater. He loved the idea of random dice rolls making up the cable patterns. (Because you know how that man can roll dice!) So I decided to knit him a man-sized version, using the Chaos pattern.

Except I am using 4 sided dice instead of 6ers. I don't see the point of using a 6er, if you reroll 5s and 6s.

Anyway, T loves that. And he is so adamant that I use the rolls EXACTLY as they come up, without fudging at all for what I think will look good. AND... He wants to be the only one who makes the dice rolls. That way the sweater is keyed to him, right?

No pix of that yet. Like I said, I'm a little tired of doing cables.

So I picked up the needles and some dk yarn and just started fooling around, adapting the Craftster Circular Shrug to my own evil purposes. I had already done the thing as written for M for Christmas:

and it went so fast (Like scarf fast. Instant gratification) that I decided to do one for me. But not the cap sleeve version. Nobody wants to see MY upper arms, darling. I'm putting full sleeves on mine. I'm also experimenting with a different filler patterns for the middle, instead of the mock rib.

Pix of that to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter