If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The One Where Patwoman Goes On Vacation: Chapter Five: The Shops Are Full Of The Coolest Things


So, of course, we had to do some shopping. M's plan was to buy every purse in the city, I think. I told them to stay clear of Bourbon Street. Ha!




There were so many little shops, just tucked away in alleys, courtyards, etc.
Jewelry, t-shirts, art. And sometimes some stuff that you just don't expect to see. Can you really just buy stuff like this?


We spent some time at the French Market. That's a cool place. There was a lady there, selling photos of graveyards. T and I talked to her for quite a while, and the three of us shared stories of graveyards. (She is planning a trip north and will be coming through Indianapolis, so we had to tell her about Crown Hill Cemetery, where presidents, celebrities, authors, musicians, artists, and war heroes are buried.)

And then we found a yarn shop, which made Patwoman go:


The Quarterstitch. And, wouldn't you know, damn it, that I didn't have my camera with me that day. But let me tell you that these ladies were awesome. I had the best time in this store.

I had taken some cotton with me on vacation, with the idea of knitting a tank top in the car. But then the damn pattern foiled me. I'm pretty sure there was a typo and if I had just done a little math, I could have figured it out. But I don't do math on vacation. So I just bought some more yarn.

I got a very soft, very pretty burgundy merino that spoke to me as I fondled the skeins. And I knitted a drop stitch shrug while watching Survivorman in the hotel room.

True to form, I let it sit in the UFO pile for a couple of weeks before seaming it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Glad to read you enjoyed visiting our lovely state! Thanks for the great posts and the pictures of the swamp.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter