If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

eBay-tacular

I've been obsessed with eBay lately. I blame Blamey. I had this previous eBay addiction that I was able to get under control finally. I hadn't even been to eBay in, like, 2 years.

But then, she was like "eBay is fun!" "Look what I got on eBay!" "eBay is the best!" And so I thought, I'll just look. Nothing bad ever happened by just looking, right?

Now I'm going to eBay a couple of times a day, to just look. Of course, it's never just looking. I keep buying stuff.

But it's cool stuff.


Like this, some multiple-strand cotton yarn. I bought it in a shawl kit, with a shawl pin and all. I don't really need a shawl. I'm not a shawl sort of girl. But I liked the yarn a lot. And I wanted to make something with it. So I made a simple triangle shawl on #17s. Looks pretty cute, too. Just needs some fringe.


And I've bought craploads of knitting needles. What am I going to do with all these knitting needles? I don't know. But you know the one who dies with the most knitting needles wins, right? You know what I'm saying.

I have my eye on some recycled silk yarn now. I don't know what to do with it. I don't really need a purse or a scarf. I'm thinking maybe a tank top to go under my suit in the summer? I've never knit with it before. I'm curious.

But, I've heard it stinks. Is that true?

I did buy something called a WyrKnitter. That's a pretty cool device. Saw it on Knitty Gritty. Of course, they make it look easier on tv. I had a hell of a time, with the wire breaking and all.

But the finished product looks good. I think I will do some more things with this, but maybe with some thicker wire. I think the wire that came with it is just too hair-thin to work with. Seriously. I think I threw away more than I actually knitted with.

I picked up some Moda Dea Dream yarn last week. (At Hobby Lobby, not on eBay) That stuff is soft. Very, very soft. I started a Circular Shrug for myself, in anticipation of warmer weather. I'm imagining myself in a sleeveless spring dress, with my soft shrug's capped sleeves covering my wobbly middle-aged arm fat.

I'm actually done with the knitting portion of that and ready to seam, if I can find my @#$% yarn needle. (Ever notice how that happens? I have 4 of them, but can't find a single one.)

This will be the 3rd one of these I've made. One for M, as written. One for me, with lace pattern and sleeves (my profile pic). This one, mostly as written.

I also knitted some scarves and a purse since I last posted and finished the Homespun Matinee Swing Jacket.

This is actually not a bad photo. The color's pretty true, although the way I'm standing makes the sweater look lopsided. It's not. It has a button at top, which maybe I should've shown, but oh well. It is kinda depressing, looking at this, however. Says to me, get back on the exercise program, Patwoman.

And I've started a top down raglan, at diosaperdida's suggestion, that now only has a sleeve and a half to go. It's done in Yarn Bee's Mosaic Twist, Moody Blue. I like the whole seamless idea. I like the raglan shaping. I love the color variegation. But for some reason, I put this thing down and haven't picked it back up again.

Story of my knitting life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is fun....very fun to read, keep it up.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

I like your site. Check out my knitting on my blog sometime.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter