If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Bro's Christmas Stocking

As you recall, I made the vow not to do any knitting for people who don't appreciate it. But, you will also recall, my bro was the only person not living in my house who liked my knitting last Christmas.

When other people were looking at me like I really cheaped out on a gift by giving them something home-made, my bro thanked me for hand-crafting something especially for him. (Can you believe that he was the only one who understood that sentiment?)

So this Christmas, I knitted this stocking for my bro. It's the one from the 2005 Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar, except I did it in red, because I like red better for a Christmas stocking. You can see the stitch detail a little better in this picture.

I also printed a bunch of family pix, glued them into an album, and sent that along, too. Of course, there were a couple of pictures you just had to laugh at. Here's one of the two of us:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter