If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Batman!

Episode 302

When we last left our intrepid Patwoman, she was in the evil clutches of Cluttered Purse, the smart-looking but insidious handbag. Cluttered Purse had lulled Patwoman into a false sense of well-being, with its lovely leather styling and matching change purse and zipper pull.

Little did Patwoman know, but her cell phone--the only means she has of communicating with the outside world if she were ever trapped inside the Patmobile with malfunctioning windshield wipers or a flat tire or any myriad of other ailments that might afflict an aging auto!--was being brutally battered by the barrage of bits that are banging around in Cluttered Purse.

But Patwoman is nothing, if not resourceful. Armed with nothing more than scraps of yarn and knitting needles, she quickly devises a cell phone cozy--a padded protector of precious electronics, a humble homage to her heroic he-foe.


Batman.

Adam... Call me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

You know, change that D6 purse to a D20, keep the Batman cellphone cosy, and add a compact or PDA cosy with your name spelled out in binary and your purse will become like the Triple Crown (gaming, comics, computers) of Geekiness. Which I'm pretty sure means you have to walk around wearing a horseshoe-shaped wreath of flowers. But's worth it to have the coolest pursely accoutrements around, right?

Seriously, the cosy is cute and I think seeing that D6 might tip my husband over toward carrying a purse.

1:38 AM  
Blogger MightySpork said...

I absolutely adore the Batman cozy! Do you have a pattern or guidelines for knitting one? My husband is a CRAZY Batman fan and I would love to make one for him. I'm still a newbie knitter and haven't yet figured out how to make my own patterns.

Also, where did you get the code for the "work in progress" charts?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

I do have a pattern for the Batman cozy! It's dirt simple, basically a square.

Give me a couple of days to find it in the massive mess that is my desk and I will post it.

Thanks for the comments, all!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter