If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Canal Walk, Garden Gnomes, Knitting, And Who Else? Adam West.

Today, we took a walk along the canal downtown so R could take some pics. He's always been interested in photography, but now he's thinking of actually changing his major to Photography. (From Anthropology)

Plus, since the heart attack, I have been nagging encouraging T to walk every day. I think we walked about 2-3 miles today, but that's by no means a scientific measurement.

It started to rain as we were walking, but since (contrary to popular belief) I won't melt in the rain, and since cameras are notoriously blind to the rain, we just kept going.

The canal walk starts at the Lilly Lab at 10th street and goes all the way down behind the zoo. It's a very pleasant walk, with lots of foliage and murals and art to look at. (It goes by the State Museum and the Eiteljorg Museum, as well.)

We amused ourselves a little by playing "Guess how deep the algae is?" as we walked. Then we saw these warnings carved into the cement every 25 feet or so. As if we had to be told.


Oh, and then some wooly mammoths ambushed R.



After the walk, T and I spent quite a bit of time searching for a couple of garden gnomes for the movie. It's been more difficult than you would imagine.

Here's a funny story... Someone told Blamey's boyfriend (who has also been looking) "Garden gnomes are a myth. They don't really exist."

Oooooo-kay.

One more thing... (and I've not told T about this, so Shhhh)

Last night I dreamed I was at a movie premiere (mine?) and Adam West was there. He was wearing a hand-knitted sweater made from some sort of blue (cotton?) variegated yarn. Or maybe the sweater had been knitted and then dip-dyed. I don't know. But I was trying to get him to sign my DVD and I was surreptitiously examining the sweater at the same time. (Shoddy construction, too. Should have been knit at a tighter gauge. Should have used a softer yarn. And the color was girly.)

Well, he wouldn't sign, and instead of being hurt, I raged at him. "Who made this sweater for you?"

So, does this mean I fear rejection? Or that I feel superior about my knitting?

By the way, is it wrong to make my cat eat a Red Hot Atomic Fireball?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter