If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

New Knitting Content!!!! (And a FO, to boot!)

Yes, I know you are all shocked by that. I'll bet you were thinking I didn't even know how to finish something.

Well, I do. So there.

Here's my Calla, from Magknits. I had actually planned to make these straps wider, or perhaps turn the thing into a boatneck shell, since I am not crazy about the whole showing-of-the-bra-straps-look. But, I guess I just spaced it or something. So, as I was casting off the second piece, I was like "Oh yeah..."

Anyway, I decided to just go the tank-top way, rather than rip out and reknit. Honestly, I had worries about whether it would look okay over my boobage. So I thought this might end up as a gift for someone.

But then, I finished it, and tried it on. And said, "Give it away? Oh, screw that! I'll just wear it under a jacket!" I wore it to work today (That's why I look so tired and used up in the pictures. This is taken at the end of the day.) and got a few compliments.

And T is happy that I have moved one project off the UFO mound in the living room. (Even though he surely realizes I have been steadily increasing my stash the whole while!)

Speaking of that...

Got this whole box at a garage sale last weekend. I don't know if you can tell, but this is a copy paper case filled with yarn. Yeah, most of it is acrylic. But the whole box was $3, and I have plans for acrylic yarn.

Gabgab has plans too, I think.

In other news, I have been working steadily on my film and hope to be able to show you some stills soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

I love your calla! It's beautiful. Great color too.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter