If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ow! My Hands Are On Fire!

So I'm harvesting peppers from my garden. I grew lots of them. Green bell peppers. Red. Yellow. Purple bell peppers. Chilis. Haberneros. Something called Super Hot Hot Chili Peppers For Chili. And right now is apparently the peak time for peppers. I am pulling them out of the garden faster than I can use them.

That's okay, though. I'm cutting them up and freezing them. I will have pepper this winter, baby! No longer will I be held hostage by the Evil Pepper Consortium!

(I spent the earlier part of the summer making sun-dried tomatoes, so I will not be held hostage by the Evil Tomato Consortium, either.)

But sheesh! Are those peppers strong or what? I had to stop a few times because of the teargas-like fumes that were making it difficult to breathe. And then, even though I washed my hands thoroughly several times (and coated them in baking soda to neutralize the pepper oils), my hands were burning!

Literally. Felt like fracking sunburn. I used Panama Jack Cooling Aloe (because, being fair skinned, I alway have that stuff around) on my hands and still...

No knitting today. I just have to remember not to rub my eyes. Or any place else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter