If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The One Where Patwoman Goes To Renee's Birthday Party

So Renee's party is a tailgating party at IU, during the IU/MSU game. (No, we didn't watch the game. We just sat in a field and partied.)

Strange situation, that.

One, I worried that we were the oldest people there. Been a long time since I was in college. But we weren't the oldest. I saw one group of people who were probably older. The rest, of course, were drunken college students. Nice to see college parties have not changed much since I went.


Two, we were drinking in the morning. Now my mama always told me it was pretty tacky to drink before 4pm. And drinking before noon was just not done. We started at 9:30 am. Don't worry, Gentle Reader, Patwoman did not drink a lot. You know she fears the loss of control. Besides, it's much more fun to watch others, isn't it?

One of the ladies I met at the party was a knitter, too. It was fun to talk knitting with someone who actually cared. Kind of funny, too, when people would walk over to see what we were talking about so intently. And then, when they realized, that look of disgust on their faces. Like, "Who comes to a party to talk about knitting?" Ha!

Of course, I knitted Renee a little something for her birthday. She knew exactly what to do with it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter