If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, December 11, 2006

The One Where Patwoman Returns, All Sorry And Stuff For Being Away So Long

And what, you may ask, have I been doing that's taken me away from you all?

1. Work. Gots to pay them bills, peoples. So I continue to recruit for DrugCo, a "premiere employer" in Indianapolis. And recruiting well, I must say.

Although I have had a couple of interviews lately which... Well, let's just say they were season appropriate.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Work. About halfway through the filming of Before The Devil Knows You're Dead. Still need to recast one part, but I've resigned myself to the fact that it's just not going to happen before the New Year.

Here we are, on the set. These teen actors are fantastic, by the way. Look at them taking direction from me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have begun writing our next feature, as well. Why, you may ask, don't I just film one of the scripts I have already completed? Well... good question.


3. Holidays. My Christmas Tree. There are about 1000 ornaments on this bad boy. And outdoors? Well, T likes the house to be a beacon of holiday joy. No, literally. A beacon. Last night, three wise men showed up with presents and the night before that, I'm pretty sure I heard a DC-10 coming in for a landing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4. Christmas Knitting. Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to do any. But I did anyway. I'm not posting all of it, just yet. Only the ones that have been given already. You will have to tune in later to see the rest of them.

Here are some scarves I knitted for my co-workers and my boss:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Up close:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pink Camo. Knit with Yarn Bee Luscious in Black Raspberry. Plain ol' stockingette stitch, with 3 stitch garter borders to keep it from rolling. I don't usually fringe, but I thought this one called for it.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingBlue Ripple. Knit in a ripple stitch (surprise!), using Luscious. Can't tell you the name of the color, since T went on a "Let's throw away ball bands" spree. Let me say, though. Yarn Bee makes some really soft yarn!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingDayflower for my great boss, Jill. Knit in Red Heart Symphony, in Mohogany, another soft yarn.

BTW, T just read this post and denies throwing away any ball bands.

Sure. Then where are they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter