If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Do You Ever Feel Like You Are Trapped In A Three Stooges Movie?

Only, there's really only one stooge? And he's trying to drop a tree on the building where you work?

Yeah.

So windy that it broke the giant pine tree next door. Is it going to fall on us? Is it going to fall on the building next door? The thing teetered at a 45 degree angle all day. Then, it got really funny.

The guy next door comes out and ties a rope thin (maybe like the kind of rope you use to tie down a tarp on your camper?) conglomeration of ropes, all tied with knots, to the tree. Then he runs the "rope" through the fork of another tree (presumeably to provide some kind of guide) and onto the trailer hitch of his truck.

I have to tell you, I spent the entire day watching this, amazed, amused, and a little afraid.

Where was my camera, damn it?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter