If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The One In Which Patwoman Gains A Sidekick


Blameygirl: I'm not your sidekick.

Patwoman: Well, I'm the superhero/supervillian. That makes you the sidekick.

Blameygirl: Look at my awesome cat hat!

Patwoman: That hat is spankin'!

Blameygirl: Look at my big honkin' pom pons.

Patwoman: Those are some big pom pons.

Blameygirl: Look at my cuddly warm mitts!

Patwoman: All that is well and good, Blameygirl. But, see...

It's my blog.


Stats on the hat: Pattern by me, a basic hat done with one strand of Patons Divine in Lavender Mist and Caron Simply Soft in Lilac. Worked on #10 circulars (but I am a pretty loose knitter), with a guage of about 2.5 stitches to the inch. Picked up stitches for the earflaps and knitted down to an I-cord tie. Ears are 2 triangles each (The outside of the ear is Divine and the inside is Simply Soft) that I sewed together and then onto the hat at a jaunty angle. I've somehow misplaced my pom pon making thing, so I wrapped both yarns around my hand a bazillion times to make those big ass poofs.


Mitts were done with the same yarns. It's the same 2-needle pattern my college roommate taught me 24 years ago. I think her mom taught it to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter