If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

So, I was reading this newsletter and thought, I should come up with a knitting resolution for 2008.

I don't know why, though. I'm not good at resolutions. Not like I make unreasonable resolutions that are destined for failure. And not like I don't stick to them. I just have this deep down aversion to having to do something.

That's right. Patwoman fights the system, folks.

I guess I do like the idea of goal-setting, though. So if we are saying, these are the goals I am setting for next year, I'm okay with that.

My goal is definitely not to destash, like some others I've talked to. I frankly don't understand that mentality at all. Why would I destash, when it's taken me so long to build up this beautiful stash? If anything, I plan to add more to it this year.

And my goal is not really to learn a new skill. There are plenty of people who have tried to brainwash encourage me to knit socks. And I'm not really interested. (Although, if I can talk T into moving to a sheep farm in Scotland with me, I might take up spinning.)

And I'm not even going to try and delude myself into thinking I will finish more items this year or whittle down the UFO pile.

Or finish Chaos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh..you mentioned Chaos.

It's like a drinking game. Everyone do a shot!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Oh no. No drinking and knitting. Not after what happened last time.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter