If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, June 12, 2009

SABLE

My Knitting calendar has that entry today… SABLE. (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy). Which, of course, we all have.

Love those acronyms. SEX and UFO and WIP. Those are all pretty useful ones for me. But I find that lately, I have need of other acronyms as well.

WTF
Whoa! Terrible! Frog! (When you’ve apparently missed a whole pattern repeat or skipped a row.)

SHIT
So How’s It Turned? (For working with short rows.) This one can be repeated indefinitely, every time you hit a short row section. “SHIT! SHIT again! SHIT!”

FUCK
Freakin’ Uncrossed Cable Knot (for complex Celtic-style braid patterns, during which you realize you forgot to cross a cable, or crossed it the wrong way).

DAMN IT
Okay. That’s not really an acronym. It’s more of a knitting mantra for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter