If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Hypocrisy

Since my office moved downtown, I’ve been walking the 4 blocks or so to the Farmer’s Market every Wednesday. It’s fun. It’s a good walk, good exercise, and there are always neat things at the Market.

But I’ve begun to feel really self-conscious about carrying a plastic bag out of there. Even though they are re-used plastic bags, so it’s not like someone had to kill a plastic tree on my behalf. I just feel like I should be carrying a basket or a bag, knitted out of some natural fiber.

What’s funny is that I actually own several cloth (recycled from paper and plastic bags, btw) grocery bags that I bought for the express purpose of having reusable grocery bags. But those have all become my work bag, my gaming bag, my knitting bag, my bag-of-things-I’m-not-quite-sure-what-to-do-with bag, etc.

There are tons of great patterns out there for bags. I actually have a couple in my list of things I’m never going to have time to knit, even though I really want to, so who the hell do I think I’m kidding? Ravelry Queue.

That’s what I’m going to do this weekend. I’m going to knit a market bag. So Wednesday, when I go to the Farmer’s Market and they start to give me a reused Meijer bag, I can say, “Please put it in my market bag.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter