If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This Blog Is Really About Knitting

Of course you wouldn’t know it by looking at it, would you? How long has it been since I posted any actual knitting?

Not that I haven’t been knitting. (I haven’t, actually.) But it looks like I should be doing more of it. Yes, sad to say, Patwoman has been diagnosed with high blood pressure. (If you call a mere 158/92 high.) Yeah, and high cholesterol too, although how that happened, I don’t know, since I’m eating a pretty low fat diet anyway ever since T’s heart attack.

Anyway, the doctor prescribed some meds and all these impossible things:
• Lose weight
• Get 20-30 minutes cardio exercise 5 days a week
• Limit my salt intake
• Get 8 hours sleep a night
• Do something to de-stress

Realistically, I think I only have a shot at the last one. (If only because I’m going to use it as an excuse to buy some more yarn.)

I haven’t actually felt like knitting much these days, mainly because I’m so tired. And restless. Like, I want to knit, but don’t know what to knit and nothing is calling out to be knit by me. But I did pick up the needles the other night. And, with nothing else in mind, knocked out a garter stitch scarf, made with some floofy fun novelty yarn.

It’s Lion Brand Fancy Fur in Ecru and Ebony and Yarn Bee Luscious in Black Walnut. One strand of each, held together and knit in garter stitch with size 13s. I used less than one skein of the Luscious and about 3 skeins of Fancy Fur. I’ve got a little more of this yarn left. I’m still restless and unfocussed. Maybe I will do a matching hat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter