If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Let’s Talk About Adam West

So, these last few weeks have been a little busy for me. My office moved from the East Side (or as we say on the East Side “E Saaaaahhhd”) to downtown. Great move for me, since it cuts about 20 minutes off my drive each way.

But, you know how it is when you move. There’s always so much more to deal with than you planned. Seriously. If you’re going to move, calculate how much time it will take you to pack everything and then double it. And then double that.
Jeez, why do you think I stay in my current house (the House of the Tiny Kitchen)? I don’t want to move.

Anyway, it’s a little less stressful when you’re moving your office because not only does someone else carry everything, but there is also some corporate project manager who makes sure your phone gets connected, your computer gets connected to the intranet, and there is actually space to put you.

For my move, my project manager was…

No, not MY Adam West. But certainly AN Adam West. Made me giggle every time I got a phone call or email from him.

Oh, and speaking Adam… Did you see this video?

Jeez, I signed up for Funny or Die because of this video. I hope he does some other stuff for this site. Still got the comic timing, AW.

Oh, and I've started my Annual Campaign to get Adam to Come to GenCon, btw. If you’d like to help, just go to the GenCon website and click the “contact us” button. Tell them how much you’d love to see Adam there. I’ve already volunteered to be his GenCon Host and secure an actual Batmobile (replica), so there’s really nothing GenCon needs to do, except get him there.

The only hiccup in the whole thing is that GenCon is still watching their pennies (even though Indy GenCon has always made money), so who knows if they will even try to get my man there? Rumor has it, he is pretty pricey.

Adam, if you are reading this, I promise I will take you to Arby’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter