If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, March 20, 2009

More Retrospective

I probably should’ve posted this earlier, too. I just couldn’t decide what I wanted to say about it. I’m just going to put it out there and you see what you think.

So, it’s St. Patrick’s day and I’m driving home. As you know, I pass through a couple of questionable neighborhoods on my commute. Tuesday was no different.

But, as I’m driving through one of those neighborhoods, I see a crowd of people at the front door of this Irish pub. The pub’s got a tent up, and giant green shamrocks on the front windows, and big signs proclaiming “Happy St. Paddy’s Day.” There’s music playing, and people drinking (even at 5:15), and a real party atmosphere around.

Traffic’s slow here, because of all the pedestrians who are crossing the street from the empty lot on the other side. Well dressed, well-off pedestrians who are coming from their Hummers and SUVs to party at this Irish pub in a bad neighborhood.

And they pass right by the homeless lady who sits on a blanket on the ground every day with a cardboard sign that says WILL CROCHET 4 FOOD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter