If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Behive Phone Cozy

There is a person in my office who has an obnoxious ringtone on their personal cell phone. This thing goes off about a hundred times a day and it drives me crazy. Tip for the workplace, people: Not everyone loves American Idol wannabes. Put your phone on vibrate.

My phone rings a lot these days because someone is apparently trying to reach "Cole." At least once a day I get "Is Cole there?" and I have to say, "No. Wrong number." It's been happening for about a week now. I fully expect to get this call tomorrow: "Hi, it's Cole. Any calls for me?"

But you see, my personal cell phone is on vibrate throughout the workday. I put it on a file on the desk, so when it rings, it makes a soft buzz that I can hear just fine, but it does not disturb anyone else. I’m thoughtful that way. I’m also thoughtful enough not to take other people’s stuff off the printer and toss it off to the side in a random pile just because it’s not my stuff. But that’s just me.

So, I’m sitting there last night, with my fidgety hands (because I finished knitting the cablelicious purse, but I’m not ready to seam right now) and I look down at my naked phone, and I think “I’ll knit a phone cozy.” And, since my phone buzzes through the day, I thought it would be cute to knit a cozy shaped like a beehive.

So, here it is, The Beehive Phone Cozy. Pattern is on the sidebar links. This took me a very small amount of yarn, perfect for using the leftover gold from your Jayne Hat. As you can see, I’m not the world’s best embroiderer, but I think it looks pretty cute.

Took only about an hour to make, so I wasn’t overly concerned when M said “Hey, I wonder if that will fit my iPhone?”

It will, by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter