If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Creepy Robot Teaches At Japanese School

When I first read that headline, I thought maybe my high school algebra teacher must have moved to Japan. But then, I read on and realized the story was about a real robot. I must say, that interested me about 17 times more than a story about Mr. Castle. In fact, just thinking of Period 6 math makes me want to…

Wha-? Where am I?

Oh, yeah. Robots. You know I love ‘em. That’s why I can’t figure out why all these websites rag on them so much. Yeah, sure, she’s got a brain made of circuits and wiring. Don’t we all? (Basically) And sure, her emotions are fake, programmed into her fake brain and expressed by her fake plastic face.

But let me put this to you… Some of the Plastic Barbies at my high school went on to become teachers. Some of the Plastic Barbies at my college went on to become teachers. Are they more real than this Japanese teacher?

No. Because, there is always the possibility that one day, the Robot Teacher could develop real emotions and real personality.

You go, Robot Teacher. Good for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter