If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers


Look at this. I think I already told you I planted tomato seedlings (so as not to be held hostage by the Tomato Consortium and their outrageous pricing structure). I also planted beans and peas.



This little tray/greenhouse is sheer genius, btw. It has a mat underneath that sucks up the water and keeps the soil moist. Because I sometimes forget to water my plants. Not my fault, of course. If the plants would do the water dance, like GenGen
or sit and stare accusingly by the empty water dish, like Zeus
then I might remember.

But to just sit there and silently wilt away… I think my plants have to take some responsibility for their situation.

Anyway, I planted these things and, as you can see, the tomatoes are doing well. Nice moderate growth. Peas are looking good, too.

But Sweet Sassyfrassy! Look at the beans! They are growing about 2 inches a day. That means I could actually watch them grow if I wanted. It’s like those crazy stop-motion movies of plants you had to watch in jr. high science class. (Almost as creepy as the stop-motion movie of army ants stripping a cow to the bone from the same class.)

It’s like that movie…

Oh! Look out M and E! Don’t turn your back on the beans!

2 Comments:

Anonymous k8e said...

they don't look too concerned about the beans....

11:23 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

That's how the body snatchers get you.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter