If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Black Hole That Eats All The Stuff You Really Need

So I've been missing my little memory card reader for about a week. I looked all over for it, but apparently it's just gone. I hate the way things disappear in this house and are never seen again. Like my Halloween candy dish that says "Eek" or my flat black shoes or my black cardigan that I like to wear with everything.

Anyway, I just decided to pop the $15 and get a new one so I can actually transfer pix to my computer. Wasteful, I know. But I guess you have to decide how much peace of mind is worth.

Here's what I've been doing lately.


Thanksgiving went well. I did the whole turkey thing, as usual. See how happy everyone is that I'm making them wait while T takes a picture?




I also finished the Branching Out scarf for JB. It's blocking now.

And jeez do I hate blocking stuff. I hate the spraying and pinning and waiting. Actually, you know I'm not a fan of finishing in general, so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Wouldn't it be nice if things just came off the needles fully loaded and ready to go?


Anyway, JB has had a rough year, with branches closing and having to let people go. I can see on her face that these things affect her personally. So, I wanted to give her something for Christmas this year that really says "I'm thinking of you."

The lace pattern goes pretty quickly--or would go quickly, if the yarn weren't so hairy. I used Patons Lacette in White Whisper. It only took one skein on size 6 needles.

I think it looks very luxe. Hopefully JB will like it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter