If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, November 06, 2009

Whoa! How Is It November Already?

Doesn’t it seem like the year just whizzed by? Granted, the 34 degree temperature when I left the house this morning was a subtle clue that it was fall, but I just don’t feel like it should be November yet. I mean, I still have stuff to do before it’s the holiday season.

Why does the last part of the year fly by? It seems like January takes forever, with the snow and grey sky and ridiculously cold air. And April. April is cold and wet and muddy. April lasts. But sheesh! October to December lasts about 2 heartbeats.

Anyway, I am feeling good about the Christmas knitting. Finished this Cabled Hat for someone (not mentioning any names, just in case). It’s done in Bernat Cashmere, which is a very soft, yet thick-feeling blend of acryllic and cashmere. The color is Coal, which is just about my favorite color for men’s accessories.


This hat, with all its cabley goodness, took about 1.25 skeins. It took a while to knit, too. Maybe I’m getting old distracted or something, but for some reason, I just could not memorize this cable pattern and had to keep looking at the chart. And every time I looked at the chart, I would think Oh that makes sense. I didn’t need to look at the chart.

Sigh. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter