If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, October 02, 2009

I Don’t Think We Should Shoot Birds With Fireworks

It just seems wrong.

Let me summarize… You know I work in a tall building downtown. And you know birds are a big problem for tall buildings. They nest on them and then the bird poo damages the building. Everybody is always trying to come up with more effective ways of keeping the birds from roosting on the buildings.

Well, the company that manages my building sent a communiqué saying they would be scaring away the birds over the next few days. There will be sirens and high pitched whistles and pyrotechnics.

Wait, what? Pyrotechnics? Seriously?

I don’t know. It just seems unfair. It seems karmically wrong. No good will come of this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt they're actively trying to hit the birds with they pyrotechnics. More like just trying to convince the birds that the building is not a safe place to sit.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter