If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shades Of Philip K. Dick

I thought this was cool and scary.

Step 1: SenseCam records everything that happens to you and then you download it into a computer hard drive for storage so that you have an accurate, first person “memory” of your life.

Step 2: Create technology to re-implant these memories, in case something happens and you ever need them. (Amnesia, Alzheimer’s, CRS)


Step 3: Create technology to implant these memories in other people’s brains (Total Recall) for fun, cheap vacation memories or something like that. Or for more nefarious stuff (Imposter, Paycheck).

Step 4: Create robot technology sophisticated enough to accept these memories as their own. (Blade Runner, Screamers.)

You’ve been warned, people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter