If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Hat!

‘Nother Christmas present. This matches the Cabled Scarf I knit a while back. Same yarn, LB Thick & Quick in Redwood. I used some plastic canvas to support the brim.
This makes a pretty cute set. I really like the seed stitch/cable combo, especially in that bulky weight yarn. I’m thinking I may want to make some mittens to go with this.

The pattern is Knit Newsboy Hat from Red Heart. The knitting took me a few hours, but I managed to stretch the finishing (cutting the plastic canvas, inserting it, seaming the brim and then weaving in the ends) to about four days. I have not even blocked this puppy yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter