If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Autumn Leaves Lace

A while back, I bought this beautiful hand-painted cotton chenille on eBay. Normally I avoid chenille, because while I love the way it looks and feels, I do not enjoy the frustration of knitting with it. But I was overwhelmed by the vibrant colors and had to have it anyway.

So, it’s been in my stash for about a year, waiting for something to showcase its color. Then I found this Lacey Cantata Hat pattern on Ravelry.

Yeah, I know, chenille doesn’t have any stretch, so maybe hat was not the best choice for this yarn. But, it’s a lace hat, so it’s really just for looks anyway. I think it fits well enough. It took less than half this skein.

I liked the pattern, so I adapted this same ribbed lace pattern to a scarf, to finish off the skein. And look! What a great looking set this is!

This may end up as a gift, but right now I am leaning toward keeping it for myself.

Is that bad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter