If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Goldilocks Of The Scarf World


True to form, I couldn’t begin this project just once. I started with one strand of Bernat Berella 4 and size 9’s. And the gauge was off. So then, size 11’s, but that didn’t look right. So then, 2 strands and size 10 1/2s. And that seemed to be just right.


But then, after a few inches, I thought “Wouldn’t this be even nicer with a soft, fuzzy yarn carried along with it? You know, something to just make it look soft and fuzzy?” So I added a strand of Moda Dea Dream in a light brown color. But that color just didn’t match.

Then I added a strand of Dream in black. But that made it so dark it negated the lovely variegation. So I decided against the fuzziness altogether. And that was just right.

So this is Bernat Berella 4 in Terra Cotta Mist on Size 10 1/2s. Pattern is Cameo Faggot Stitch Scarf. Took about 2 skeins for the scarf. This matches the Mystery Mitts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter