If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Mystery Mitts

Well, they are not such a mystery now…

I joined the Holiday Mystery Gifts knitting group on Yahoo. They do a lot of small project things, designed to get you knitting some Christmas gifts ahead. I actually joined last year, but just like last year I'm not really keeping up.

I like the idea of the KAL, just not the idea of the Mystery. So I usually wait until the mystery is revealed and then decide whether I want to knit it or not. I know. That's kind of cheating, but this way I don't mystery knit a sock.

Don’t get worked up, now. You are not going to convince me to like knitting socks, so just let it go, people.

So this is the mystery knit from a couple weeks ago. I have to say, I like this pattern a lot. It’s very interesting working side to side like this instead of bottom to top. But, if I had just worked the pattern without knowing what I was knitting, I would not have enjoyed knitting this thumb section. The whole SWS thing just seems awkward to me and I had to keep referring to the picture to actually do it. Seems like there should be a better way of getting the same effect. (Though every short row knitter I know uses this type of wrap, so I guess it’s the right way to do it.)

This is Bernat Berella 4 in Terra Cotta Mist, which is just the perfect amount of ombre for this pattern. (The color is closer to the color in the top pic, but you can see the pattern a little better on the second ond.) One skein for the mitts. That leaves me two for the matching scarf. These are going to be a Christmas present for Jill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter