If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

FO… After Two Years

I love it when you find something on your To Be Finished Pile (or in my case piles) and think “Oh yeah. I remember when I finished knitting that. Why didn’t I just weave in the ends? (Or seam it. Or add the edging.)” I love it because when you are really needing an FO, you’ve got one with minimal work.

So here is the Nagano Sakura I started on a car trip way back when. Actually, I should probably call this Nagano Sakura-ish, because it is not exactly according to the pattern. I think something happened to the pattern, as I remember, like it got kicked out of the car or something, about halfway through. So I was forced to finish from memory.



Which is not a big deal, since this is mostly I-cord, right? But I had a lot of problems with the flowers, as I recall. I think I had even tried to just crochet some cherry blossom-looking flowers to attach… but they just didn’t look right. So I shoved the whole thing… I-cord, flowers, yarn, whatever. I don’t even remember what yarn this is. I want to say it’s Lion Brand Microspun.

Anyway, the other night, I whipped this puppy out and just knitted some flowers and leaves. Boom. There you go. Done in less than an hour.

Actually, less than that, even, since I first made this flower, but then decided against it. This one will show up on a purse, I think. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter