If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Not Entrelac

Entrelac is one of those things that are always on everybody’s New Year’s Resolution list. “This year I am going to learn to do Entrelac.” Well, I learned to do this a long time ago—remember, I didn’t know knitting was supposed to be hard and complicated, so I just learned to do all this stuff just like I learned to Knit and Purl.

But it’s a pain in the ass.


But look! I found this pattern on Ravelry. It’s the Not Entirely Entrelac Scarf from Southwest Trading Co. And it looks something like entrelac. (Enough to fool a non-knitter, at least.) So, I thought I’d give it a go. This is knit in Patons SWS in Natural Plum. I used 2 full balls and size 8 needles.

Funny story. I found this pattern and looked at the yarn requirements. It said SWTC, but my brain read SWS. I thought “Oh, I have some of that!” and started knitting before I realized my error. Ha! (Of course, the folks at SWTC are probably pretty frustrated by that, so don’t laugh too hard.)

Anyway, the color changes are perfect for this scarf, though I’m not sure I wouldn’t want it a bit wider. M, however, assures me that the width is perfect, as long as the length is enough to wrap around the neck and still hang long.




And it is.




This is a Christmas gift. (Yes, I am starting early again! Get up off the floor, now. It’s not that shocking when it’s the second year in a row.) I won’t say who this is for, since she has threatened tomay read my blog. I have another skein of this color. It seems to me I’ve seen some mittens or fingerless gloves with a similar, mitered square look. Now where was that….?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter