If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Outside Of My Office Building

I forgot to show this to you before. I always thought it was terrible to see the naked statues outside covered in snow. I know they can’t feel it or anything. There’s just something wrong about seeing a nude form covered in ice.

So it was really cool on a couple of different levels to see them dress up for the Super Bowl. Like everyone else in this building, the nakies were wearing Colts jerseys. Of course they’re still contorted like that because it’s like 10 degrees here!

No, seriously. I know they can’t feel it.

Anyway, sometimes I see things that strike me as funny. Like this sign outside my building. Makes me laugh a little. I mean, it’s a 25 story building. Ice falling from 25 stories might do some damage. But what do people do when they read this little sign?

Stop and look up. That’s what makes it so funny.

Of course I don’t really want anyone to get hit on the head with falling ice. (Jordan from my office told me about someone who did get hit with falling ice and only her huge, hideous hat saved her. That’s not really funny.) But you’ve got to admit, stopping and looking up is just a little bit comedic.

It’s like when something has gone bad in the fridge and you say “Ew, this is rotten. Smell it.” There’s always somebody who will smell it. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter