If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Knittus Interuptus

I just said it that way because it sounds dirty. Tee-hee.

Actually I am having a little trouble finishing. And before you say, But Patwoman, that's nothing new. You hardly ever finish anything, well... just shut up. Don't you think I know that?


This is just more of the same. I just keep getting distracted. Know what's sitting on the table beside my comfy chair? (Yes, I know it's not a table. It's actually a yarn bin. No need to mock me.) I have:

1) Bamboo Purse from Creative Knitting. Knitted, but not lined or seamed. Handles are with it, though. And I did buy some really great fabric to line it.

2) Purse of my own design. Knitted (and I wrote the pattern for it...if I can read my scribbles when I go back)but not seamed or lined. Bought some nice satiny fabric for that one.

3)Color block scarf. About 3 feet long. Who would've thought I wouldn't have enough yarn scraps to keep adding stripes? You know how that happens? You're making a scarf and you just knit until you run out of yarn. That's why there are no scraps.

4)Unbiased. Made from recycled sari silk. Honestly, I forgot that was even there. That's how long it's been since I've worked on it. It's made in four pieces. I've made three. I think I stopped because that silk is just brutal on the hands.

Hm. So three out of four of my UFOs (the ones that are in arm's reach of me right now, that is...) are purses. That's kind of funny, since I'm not really a purse person. I mean, I carry one, yeah. But I don't go crazy for them. I would never pay $500 for a purse like some people I know.

Oh, my notes are on that "table" too. Notes for purses, strangely. And some twisted Valentine's poetry that just came to me.

Where is my head?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter