If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Peek Inside My Workday

I know many of you are saying to yourself, Patwoman leads such an interesting life. I wish I could get even a tiny glance into her day-to-day. Of course, I feel sorry for you, poor bastards, that you think my day-to-day is exciting. It gives me shuddering chills at how dull your own lives must be.

But, since you are interested, here is my workday in pictures:

On my way in to the building, I pass the little area downstairs where the building management has put up some display of something or another. This one is artist-painted patio chairs to be auctioned off for Chairity. (Seriously. It's chair-ity.) Remember the Christmas display? Yeah. Just like that, this one has a Do Not Touch sign on it. You know what that does to me.

I also pass this fish tank set into the wall. It's actually very pretty and the fish are very colorful. I'd like to spend time watching it sometime, but you can't get too close because it stinks most of the time.

Once upstairs, I spend most of my day in front of the computer. It's called multitasking. I talk on the phone, review resumes, do paperwork, participate in conference calls, etc. in front of the computer.

I throw a lot of paper away. Makes me feel a little guilty. Like I should recycle it or something. We do have a bottle/can recycle bin, though. So that's a good thing, at least.


My office is pretty freakin' cold, too. The cheapass building managment has these covers bolted on over the thermostats so you can't crank up the heat, even if your teeth are chattering. (That fish tank smells like it's gotten plenty warm, though.)

And people come in for interviews. You will have to use your imagination here. I haven't taken any job seekers' pictures. I think it would be a little weird and probably illegal.

The day progresses, and about 4:35, I go here. Long drive home, you know.

Pass the cones on the way out. This one warns against a slippery floor. But another one about 10 feet away says Bathroom Is Closed. I think there may be a connection.

In the parking garage. Did I park on 3 or 5?

Then, it's driving, and about 25 minutes of nonstop swearing until I pull in the driveway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter