If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Copperhands

That's right. Not creative enough to come up with a cool name like the Copperhead Hat or the Copper Dragon Scarf. But these goes with that set, anyway. Same Tangerine Mist Copper yarn, a similar pattern.


These are the Waffle Stitch Fingerless Gloves, by Jill Toporkiewicz. Used half a skein, knit most of these during the Colts game Saturday. Go Colts! Seamed one on Sunday and one last night. (I can't help it. I'm just really slow about getting around to the finishing.)

It's not the same pattern as the dragon scale, but it looks similar enough in the same yarn to be a good match. I thought about adapting the pattern and making these full-on mittens, but decided to go as written--for simplicity and because I hate having to take off my gloves to dig out the key card for the parking garage, or to answer the cell phone, or to find my stereo faceplate in my purse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter