If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cocoon Me!


I like to pick up the old Speed Stix from time to time. I don't know. For some strange reason, I just like the way they feel in my hand. Big ol' size 50s, all hard and smooth...

But, I digress.


This is the Cocoon Shrug from Lion Brand.I didn't think much of the original pattern. It looked a little plain, a little unfinished. But I decided to try it using a combination of yarns. So this is Moda Dea Dream in Black, some black Wool
Ease
, and Yarn Bee Aurora in Night Glow. Held all three together and knitted this up in two nights.

I'm not sure about it now that I've knitted it, though. It's a good pattern, very easy, very simple to understand. But I think my yarn choices are maybe a little bolder than my actual personality.

This is almost like 80's bold.


I'm thinking of edging this in a solid black, maybe tone it down a bit, pull it all together. I dunno. I will say, though. This thing is pretty warm. You wouldn't think so, with all these giant stitches, but it is. I'm thinking I may do this in a solid color.

What do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous k8e said...

I"m LOL at the 'edge it in black..tone it down a bit'

1:20 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Yeah, but see, sometimes denial is a powerful thing.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter