If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Colorblock Scarf

Ravelry is great. You can always find something to do on Ravelry. I don't think it will come as a surprise to you that I have over 200 projects in my queue. Probably not a surprise that I belong to some 30 groups. Didn't think so.

Anyway, one of the groups I belong to is basically a KAL for this Colorblock Scarf. The pattern is: (and don't worry, there's no copyright infringement here. It's not a pattern pattern.)

Cast on any number of stitches on any needles using any yarn. Knit each row (garter stitch) for 1 to 10 garter ridges, join a new color. The trick is, you can only use each color once.

This is a pretty mindless knit; I've been doing this watching TV here and there. Which is really helping the randomness of color blocks, since every now and then I look down and go "Oh. Time to change color." So some blocks are 10 ridges, some are 4... you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter