If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Twisty Cat Toy & Cat O' Mine Tails

Here are a couple of cat toys I made a while back that were just waiting on dowel rods to complete them. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "What? Patwoman, you don't know where Home Depot is?" (I actually do.)

For whatever reason, I didn't get around to going to HD to get dowel rods until last weekend. And then, I didn't get around to hot gluing the toys to the dowel rods until tonight. The point is, I did get around to doing it and I did make some pretty cute cat toys.

This first one is the Twisty Cat Toy, which I could've sworn I got from Ravelry, but now I can't find it. It's one of those that you don't even print the pattern off because it's such a simple pattern repeat you can remember it pretty easily. And quick. This is a quick crochet. Even for me.(Yes, I actually crocheted. See? I can do it.) I used some scrap yarn that I don't even have the label for any more, but I happen to know is Caron Dazzleaire.


This one is my own pattern. Again, crochet. I call it the Cat O'Mine Tails. (Get it? Because it looks like a cat-o-nine tails, but it's for my cat so it's a cat o' mine tails... I'm so clever. How do I stand myself?)



CAT O' MINE TAILS PATTERN (such as it is)
-Basically, you make a chain of 6, then SC in 2nd stitch from hook, SC in next 3, then 3 SC in last stitch (which takes you around the corner) and then you SC in the other side of the next 3 stitches, 2 SC's in the end stitch.
-Then, Slip Stitch to the top of the first SC, pull the yarn through and leave a long tail.
-So what you end up with is an oval shape on a string. Make as many of these as you want. I made 6 and I cut the tail yarn at slightly different lengths.
-Then I tied these to the end of a dowel rod and used some hot glue to make sure they stayed put.




Boom. Cat O' Mine Tails. They seem to like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter