If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yes, I Started Something New

I couldn't help myself. I was sitting here, watching tv after work last night and just wanted something to keep my hands busy for 45 minutes or so. Something I didn't really have to think about. Something for which I wouldn't have to get up off the couch to go get yarn or needles.

So, that pretty much limited me to straight needles from my Batman Needle Head

and scraps from my scrap buckets

which were sitting here because I had been working on the Advent Ornaments.

But I noticed that, besides the Christmas colors that I have so much of, I seem to have a lot of purples. Now, that's strange to me, because I can only think of one purple thing I've knit recently. But, the evidence doesn't lie.

So I grabbed some #9 needles and cast on a bunch of stitches--as many as I could squeeze onto the needle (and yes, I know you're not supposed to do that, but I did it. So there.)--and just started knitting. I'm leaving some length at the end for fringe and knotting it as I go.

So far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter